Categorizing pages is used to mark pages of a specific sort or subject. This can be useful:
- to list all the pages in a certain category. For example: Personal_Home_Page.
- to inform readers that may find the page offending or uninteresting. For example: Spoiler_Page.
- to set rules of conduct in the page. For example: Support_Page.
To categorize a page just add the category page name anywhere in the page you want to categorize.
If you want to link to a category page without inadvertently categorizing the current page, wrap the name of the category page in underscores, like this _Personal_Home_Page
When creating a new category:
- Try to title it with a name that ends in "_Page", so that it would be easy to find all categorized pages.
- Create a new page for the category, that explains what it is and where to use it.
- Mark the category page with "Category_Page".
- At the bottom add the following line to show the list of pages in the category:
This site has [->refs.pl?refs=$title&text=pages of type]
See also: WikiCategories
This site has 3 pages of type Category_Page