סמרהיל היום

אנונימי

סמרהיל היום

שליחה על ידי אנונימי »

". . . אדם לומד לחיות לא על ידי כך שהוא שומע על אודות חייהם של אחרים, אלא על ידי כך שהוא חי; שכן מילים הן פחות חשובות, עד אין קצה, מאשר מעשים . . ."
א. ס. ניל, סאמרהיל - גישה רדיקלית לגידול ילדים, ע' 192, יהושע אורנשטיין, הוצאת "יבנה" בע"מ תל-אביב

"The best learning happens in real life with real problems and real people and not in classrooms"
Charles Handy

"Education is a weapon, whose effects depend on who holds it in his hand and at whom it is aimed"
Joseph Stalin

"It is the great triumph of compulsory government monopoly mass school-ing that among even the best of my fellow
_teachers, and among even the best of my students parents, only a small number can imagine a different way to do
things"_
John Taylor Gatto
"מהו סמרהיל?"

Summerhill today
Summerhill today has not changed fundamentally since it was first started. Its aims could be described as the following:

To allow children freedom to grow emotionally;
To give children power over their own lives;
To give children the time to develop naturally;
To create a happier childhood by removing fear and coercion by adults.

Summerhill has now been running continuously for seventy-five years. Its success in providing a happy environment for the kids, and in producing happy, well-balanced men and women, stands as a continuing proof of the Neill's notion that `The absence of fear is the finest thing that can happen to a child.'

סמרהיל -- מיתוסים ומציאות
דוד_רובנר*
הודעות: 642
הצטרפות: 11 יולי 2001, 10:40
דף אישי: הדף האישי של דוד_רובנר*

סמרהיל היום

שליחה על ידי דוד_רובנר* »

מאמר מתלמיד על בית-הספר סמרהיל:
an article by a student on Summerhill

The following is an article written, in the last three weeks, for Humanscale Education about being at Summerhill. Was posted in the forum "savesummerhill" [email protected]. I must add that the student is not a member of the group and has not read any of their discussion. The article was posted by "Michael Newman" [email protected], Curriculum Adviser, Summerhill School, Leiston, Suffolk IP16 4HY Tel: 01728 830 619

A Summerhill Student

I would like to start by explaining a couple of things I would like you to keep in mind whilst reading the following article. Firstly, for me to feel that I have sufficiently related to you all that I'd like to say about being a member of a democratic school, like Summerhill, would probably take a rather thick book. So please bear in mind that this is my best attempt at editing it all down to a couple of hundred words. Secondly, all views put across in this article are my own personal views and in no way should be taken as a general view of Summerhill students. So time to get down to it.

My name is Beth Titchiner, I am a 16 years old English student, currently beginning my 6th and last year at Summerhill School. I can't say I regret any of the past 5 years. I'm pretty sure I've gained a lot of experiences here.

When I first came to Summerhill, as an extremely shy and lacking in confidence 11 year old, my first impulse was to walk into a classroom and ask the teacher what I was supposed to do. And, of course, on doing so my teacher replied, "Do what you like, I'm not going to tell you what to do." and immediately I was lost.

I hadn't realised to what extent I'd become reliant on having my life organised for me by authoritative figures such as parents and schoolteachers. But shortly afterwards I rapidly began to realise that if I wanted something to happen, I would have to figure out what it was and get up and make it happen for myself.

I believe I've realised many valuable things from my experiences at Summerhill, one of the most important, interesting and probably beneficial to me is self-motivation. To believe in myself enough to work out what I want and how to go about making it happen, and the knowledge that I cannot, and do not need to, rely on others for everything. Another important thing I've come to understand through my experiences at Summerhill is mutual respect. To believe in myself, therefore to have respect for myself, and to respect others on equal terms. One more thing I've learnt to do is to repeatedly question everything, as situations and my environment change, and that includes questioning Summerhill. And yet another valuable thing which I've learnt here is always to be open-minded, and that there is rarely a `right' or a `wrong' thing to have done, as we learn through a continual series of mistakes and experiences.

Well, as I have already stated, there are countless experiences which I would chose to write about if asked to write an article on being a member of a democratically-run school community, but as I am nearing the end of my time here, I resolved to relate to you some of my most valued things learnt from Summerhill. All I can say in the end is that Summerhill has been an intense, fascinating, and probably beneficial experience for me. Though that may not be so for everyone here.
יונת_שרון*
הודעות: 8089
הצטרפות: 13 יוני 2001, 02:23
דף אישי: הדף האישי של יונת_שרון*

סמרהיל היום

שליחה על ידי יונת_שרון* »

דוד, אנא קצץ ו/או החלף בקישור.
דוד_רובנר*

סמרהיל היום

יונת, כיווצ'צ'תי. אין קישור, זאת הודעה שנשלחה לקבוצת דיון על ידי מיכאל ניומן, איש-צוות בביה"ס סמרהיל.
דוד_רובנר*

סמרהיל היום

The Last Man Alive Radio Show

Alexander Sutherland Neill (1883 - 1973) is best known as the founder and headmaster of Summerhill school in England. This site contains the complete, unaltered and unabridged text of his famous novel,
The Last Man Alive
The Last Man Alive

"This book is an elaboration of a story I told to the pupils of my school, children from eight to twelve. The usual story for children is written at a desk in a private room; this one was told to a group, and it followed the interests of the group. Their comments showed me what they wanted . . ."
דוד_רובנר*

סמרהיל היום

לא רק בישראל !!
20704h01]ממשלת בריטניה עושה בעיות לבית-הספר סמרהיל head0[/po]

V חפשו summerhill במסמך שבקישור.
שליחת תגובה

חזור אל “מסגרות אלטרנטיביות”